The DPCA extends its deepest condolences and wishes you strength during this difficult time. Whether you are grieving the loss of a child to a drowning incident or have experienced a non-fatal drowning incident, the emotional affects can be devastating. We hope these resources provide your family a sense of support on your journey to healing.
Local family support
The DPCA Family Support Committee would like to provide the supported needed to grieving families by:
- Providing a weekly/monthly safe support group for families of fatal and non-fatal drownings
- Access to help with everyday tasks after an accident for immediate familiesProvide 24/7 call support
- Provide access to other drowning support groups
- A lifelong partnership to help continue our journey
- A candlelight vigil or balloon release in honor of your loved one