The Kerry Martin Scholarship Fund was funded in the memory of Kerry Martin, a member of the Phoenix Parks & Recreation Aquatics Division. Kerry was a board member and active supporter of the Drowning Prevention Coalition of Arizona (DPCA).
Members of DPCA applying for funds to attend an educational conference or workshop must have their membership dues paid, must have been a member for at least six months and must have attended at least one general DPCA meeting.
Applicant fills out and submits the Kerry Martin Scholarship Fund Application form to the advisory board at least 2 months prior to the scheduled event at the address below. Applicants will be notified by phone, email or fax if they are awarded the scholarship. A letter, fax or email will be sent to confirm the amount awarded. Applications are available online at www.preventdrownings.org. Completed applications should be faxed to (480) 966-5577.
When awarded the Kerry Martin Scholarship, the recipient is required to:
- Make arrangements with the DPCA treasurer for payment of fees and reservations
- Provide receipts as requested
- Provide photo and allow name and photo to be used in press release discussing the scholarship (recipient will be able to review press release in advance)
- Give a report of their experience at a DPCA general meeting after the conference or workshop attended. The report should include:
- How the information obtained will be used for the recipients agency and community
- Information that would benefit the members of the coalition