If you are going to walk, jog or bike along the canals, be sure you know how to do so safely. Canals can be very dangerous, so please follow these canal safety tips to avoid drowning or injury:
- Don’t swim in canals – ever!
- Keep a safe distance from the edge of the canals.
- Canal sides are extremely slick, making it difficult to get out.
- Don’t let your kids be around canals without an adult.
- Stay away from automated equipment at water delivery gates.
- Never jump in to rescue pets or objects such as toys. Call 911 for help.